The Commission consists of nine members, who serve without compensation. The six lawyers and three non-lawyers are each appointed by the Michigan Supreme Court for a term of three-years. A member may not serve more than two terms.
The Commission’s Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson are appointed to one-year terms by the Michigan Supreme Court. The Commission’s Secretary is elected by its members.
- Charles S. Kennedy, III, Chairperson - term ending 10/1/17
- Victor A. Fitz, Vice-chairperson -term ending 10/1/17
- Jeffrey T. Neilson, Secretary – term ending 10/1/17
- Pastor R. B. Ouellette, Lay person – term ending 10/1/17
- Valerie R. White, Attorney member – term ending 10/1/18
- Cathy Joan Pietrofesa, Lay person – term ending 10/1/18
- Megan K. Cavanagh, Attorney member - term ending 10/1/19
- Jeffrey Sakwa, Lay person - term ending 10/1/19
- LaToya Willis, Attorney Member - term ending 10/1/18